Jun 26, 2008

You Are The Hero Of Your Own Story



"You are the Hero of your own story" - that is what Samantha learned at Camp Boggy Creek this past week. That is one of the quotes she told us. Another is - "Ladies...Mall Walk." - which is apparently what her counselor told the girls in cabin Green 1 when thunder and lightning was on it's way. All in all, it was an incredible experience for Sam. A strong bond built on many things - the most obvious one is being a Childhood Cancer Survivor, something all of the kids and most of the counselors are - and VERY proud of it.
I did find out that you can attend each year until you are 17. It is not a one time thing, like I thought. Once you hit 17, you can become at CIT (counselor in training) and then once you hit 19, you could become a Counselor...Sam's favorite person was her counselor, Sara. Last night and also yesterday, she was crying for Sara. From what I understand, Sara is an amazing young lady. I have no doubt there...and she obviously be-friended my amazing young daughter (I know, I am a bit predjudice there).
As soon as Sam got off the bus, she and Matthew started bickering and fighting... and it has not stopped. I'm ok with that - I love having us all together as a family again. It is hard at times, as it is for all families, but man - it is what I have prayed for since Sam got sick...all of us home together ~ healthy. I'm living my dream.
Thank you for checking in on Sam and for your continued prayers for her complete health and healing and for all kids fighting this disease. ...and please keep those whom we have lost (and their families) in your prayers.


With Never Ending Hope 4 a Cure,
K, J, S & M http://hope4acure.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anissa Mayhew said...

Awww Sam looks awesome! Look how thick her hair is getting.

I'm so thrilled that Boggy Creek is something Sam gets to continue to do. She's such a nurturer, how awesome would it be for her to be a counselor some day and get to be an inspiration to a new crop of kids. Wow.

I'm so thankful for every positive story, for every happy moment your family gets. You deserve each one.

I'm going to take you up on that offer of getting together, it's TIME!

Love you,
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org

Merry Christmas from the Lee family!

Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.