Jun 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

*************************************************************************




Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's in our lives...and a special HFD to all the Cancer Dads that we have met along our journey...I know it is a very tough day for some of you and our prayers are with you today and always (all you Mom's too).
Sam is doing very well. She's got a new rash...looks very different than the Fungal and Eczema rashes she is currently dealing with. The fungal rash - Dr. Obzut told me about another possible treatment. Using Selsun Blue...rubbed into her back for 15 minutes. 2X week for 4 weeks. It burns a bit but does help the itching for the 1st night. The only issue there is it can not be used every night, it burns while it is on and it does not seem to get rid of the rash (yet). It's only been a week. Ugh. This new rash is itchy and looks to be red and raised and a bit scaley. It is on her torso, upper arms - close to her pits and on one hand. It doesn't seem to be spreading too fast. It, like the others, is driving her nuts! The face is still a bunch of scabs that she keeps picking. None of these creams are doing anything...frustrating.
Sam leaves for Camp Boggy Creek on Thursday. She'll be spending her 9th birthday there and is not allowed to call us or talk to us at all while she is there...I'm sure she will be fine. I, on the other hand, am not sure if I can handle it. I don't believe I've been away from her for more than 1 night (and even then it only happened maybe 2X) since she was born. Kevin, Matt & I (and the pup) will head over to Grandma & Grandpa's and then us 3 will go to Daytona Beach for a couple of days. Matthew will love it - beach, water park, go karts, mini golf - AND M&D all to himself!


With Never-Ending Hope for a Cure...
K, J, S & M

2 comments:

Anissa Mayhew said...

How did I miss you switching over to a new site?? Oh my lord, I'm must be shirking my duties of being in EVERYONE's business! I hope that you have a great time in Daytona...my old stomping grounds...enjoy that boy time, I hope he loves every minute of it.

Love ya
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org

Chris Kuhn said...

The blog looks great! I was so happy to hear about Sam's counts and I'm sure she's having an awesome camping trip! Have a ball on your vacation as well and enjoy your summer!

All the best,
Chris Kuhn
www.tampabayskirt.com

P.S. Did you get the magazines this past week? :) I think Sam looked absolutely beautiful...hope you liked, too!

Merry Christmas from the Lee family!

Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.