Apr 2, 2009

Softball?

Hi Everyone –

Just wanted to do a quick update since it has been so long…life is busy busy for us, but in a good way. The busy does not involve trips to the hospital or clinic! They involve trips to baseball and softball and choir and still PT & OT, but Sam is making good progress there. Not great, but good! She has a long way to go and the more we go, the more I realize that this is due to the brain bleed and not the chemo…which sucks!

Matthew loves baseball. He loves choir and really really likes his coaches and his choir teacher. A lot!

Samantha is doing great with chorus & choir and she started softball last week. I knew it would be a challenge. It was. They started out the practice with running…something that Sam can almost do. She looks kind of funny. It hurts and she has no stamina…she cried. Stopped…but the guy coach quickly turned her around. Then she got hit with a ball. More tears. She made it thru it…and the best news, she is looking forward to going on Friday! So that in itself is amazing to me! She also has been playing catch with Kevin out back every chance she gets. All good stuff.

Therapy is going well …PT, OT and also the bi-monthly trip to Ms. Teresa (the feelings doctor). Both kids love her and look forward to going.

Also, for those of you that don’t know…I decided (last minute) to have my head shaved again this year with Bankers Baldies and Jeremy & Nico at the St. Baldrick’s event in St. Pete 2 weeks go. With many of your help, I raised over $1000.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

2 comments:

Dan Cohen said...

oh no. I am sorry to hear that my buddy Princess Samantha got hit with a ball.

I am sending hugs to all of you.

Proud Momma of 3 said...

Hey Girl,

It's Mary Lynn...I nominated you for an award. Check out my link and post the award on your blog. Just copy it from my link. You deserve it and more. All the best to you and your family!!

Love,

Mary Lynn

Merry Christmas from the Lee family!

Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.